If you are just joining me, read the article here.
“Great article… Uduak i have always admired and respected your insight and concise analysis of our industry and what it needs as it continues to grow.
well here goes what i assume will be a feeble attempt to quiet some rumblings.
1. I am under contract with Chocolate City as an artist and that will not change anytime in the foreseeable future so help me God. I am not only content on the Chocolate City label, i am overwhelmed by lengths to which Audu and Paul have gone to promote me and my brothers.
2. Loopy music is a platform for upcoming acts that Jesse, Ice and myself, (with a good deal of input and equity from Chocolate City) as our starting to extend the hand of blessing that has been so favorably showered on us. Think Arista and Bad Boy or Def Jam Rocafella.
3. I do not run Loopy Music. we have hired a CEO, Dapo Ajeniya, someone approved by the Chocolate CIty board, and someone we are confident can carry the torch faithfully for us. As ambitious as i am, (thank you for the compliment Uduak) i ave ambition only enough to be an artist for now.
Hope I helped…
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives