Gosh my good people. It’s been a long, long, long, long time I have heard good hip-hop music come out of Nigeria. Phew! What a relief. As many of you long time readers know, hip-hop is my favorite genre of music. It’s the words people. I’m a wordsmith and I love to play with words and in an amusement park full of words with all kinds of colors, shapes and exciting rides.
I’m happy to see that M.I Abaga was working on his music chops all of these years he has been absent. The more he ages, the better he gets. I tend to enjoy his albums than his mix tapes. This song is off his upcoming album. Good look Mr. Abaga and indeed, no one, it appears, has actually been sitting on your throne.
Things I like about this track:
1. Radio Edit/Clean version provided.
2. Solid Lyrics.
3. Solid music production.
4. Solid mixing and mastering. I listened with my headphones and the quality was great.
5. Artwork on point.
6. Distribution channels all on point.
7. Finally he made a music lyric video. Most Nigerian artists do not do this. You all need to.
I had this on replay. I chuckled and laughed on some of the lines and by the time he hit that electronic guitar on the tail end of the production, I said to myself, “Welcome back M.I.” I was so impressed I even sent him a congratulatory message. Doesn’t happen often. 🙂
AML hip-hop heads, check on it.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives