Only in Nigeria, or maybe not, does a music manager sit next to his artist looks in the camera and threatens to beat up a media personality over a difference of opinion. Incredible. Clearly, this music manager is unaware of Nigeria’s basic criminal laws, and if he is, he couldn’t be bothered. *Sigh*
Music icon Majek Fashek was invited to sing at an Abuja state local Christmas event. Controversial media personality Freeze questioned why Fashek was a choice to perform, at a church.
Freeze has been on a crusade to out pastors who he believes are ill-informed on tithing in church. In the process, he has had many social media squabbles and traded insults with pastors and fans of tithing.
He may have jumped unnecessarily into Fashek’s business by virtue of deeming himself the new Sheriff in town on church rules and regulations. Nevertheless, his scepticism and challenge should not draw a threat of battery and assault against his person.
Anyway, in response to his challenge, Majek’s manager Uzoma Omenka threatens violence. *Sigh*
Na manager be dis? Translated to, this is actually someone’s manager?
The crazy manager
Daddy Freeze in all of his Church Sheriff glory
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives