Nigerian Entertainment Today (NET) reports May7ven, British-Nigerian songstress, allegedly just inked a record label deal with Skata Records Entertainment (SRE). Who is SRE? I have never heard of them so I do not know. However, who they are is not per se relevant to you. What is relevant to you is, as an artist or a record label, is what you should know about record label agreements, if you will sign or have an artistsign one. Here is an excerpt from NET on May7ven.
“May7ven also disclosed to Nigerian Entertainment Today that she recently signed with a UK-based record label SRE (Skata Records Entertainement) and she is currently working on her album. ‘I’m daily writing and recording. I’ve done remixes with Wizkid, Dotstar, Iceprince, Dr. SID and others. My videos will be out by the end of September’, May7ven disclosed.” –NET
Here is what you should know:
NOTE: I get inquiries from many artists and indie labels with quite indepth questions on business/PR and Law. My services for such indepth inquiries require payment. For these sort of inquiries, contact my office at email@example.com or visit www.fashionentlaw.com for office phone number and more details.
Otherwise, email me at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for general inquiries.
Leave your comments below. Follow me on twitter @africamusiclaw @uduaklaw
- AML 163: Tiwa Savage v. Sex Tape Blackmailer, Drake & Chris Brown Sued & More!
- Meet Awin Tavakoli: Lawyer, Speaker & Business Advisor
- AML 161: Fawehinmi “Foza” Oyinkansola and Iredumare Opeyemi Kick Off the AML Superfan Lounge!
- AML 160: NBC Universal & Showmax, Ckay, Iyanya, Warner Music & More
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer