Artists Jay Trigga, Leo Wonder and media personality Sheifunmi, and entertainment lawyer Iredumare Opeyemi, and Leo Wonder and Jay Trigga join Ms. Uduak, Fashion and Entertainment Lawyer and host of The Africa Music Law Show, on the 150th episode to discuss mental health and substance abuse in the Afrobeats music industry.
ABOUT JAY TRIGGA
Jack Lumbeta Kafukwilwa aka Jay Trigga is a Zambian artist and producer who recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering from China.
Jay Trigga entered the music industry as a producer in 2015 slowly discovering sounds and learning the ropes. In 2018, he decided to get on the microphone officially to drop his first project as an artist called ‘FEBRUARY 8’. Since then, he has gone on to work on more music including records featuring popular Nigerian recording artists like Dremo Drizzy and Ice Prince Zamani.
Jay Trigga is versatile and his sound varies from trap to Afro-pop.
ABOUT LEO WONDER
With powerful vocals that makes heads turn, Adebiyi Oguntimilehin aka Leo Wonder was clearly born a superstar. Hailing from Osun state, (located in Southwestern Nigeria aka the “state of the living spring”), the multi-talented singer, songwriter, and dancer made his foray into music through his local church where he served as a choirmaster and sang lead, alto, tenor, including handling all backup vocals. He subsequently established a band, the Musketeers, which included the now popularly singer Morachi and performed under the stage name B-Flow.
Leo has recorded in studios alongside some of Nigeria’s most respected musicians including the Plantashun Boiz, Paul Play, Mr. Kool, Gino, the late Da-grin, Nomoreloss and OJB, and Naeto C, among many.
He is most recognized for his powerful feature and duet single ‘Ife Wa Gbona’ (our love is hot) with Nigerian singer and songwriter Tiwa Savage, previously with Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records and is now signed to Universal Music Group.
Sheifunmi Nomia-Yusuf is a multifaceted creative and media personality with vast experience in front of the cameras and behind the scenes. He has also conceptualized brand plans and strategies for global music brands.
Besides his work in the media, Sheifunmi is passionate about mental health and advocates for the cause through his non-profit, LPM Foundation. He was one of the first few showbiz personalities in Africa to publicly speak out about their lived experience with mental health.
Opeyemi Iredumare is a legal practitioner whose specialty is focused on content acquisition and intellectual property valuation in the creative industry with a focus on music, film and gaming.
While acknowledging his business and career feat in the music and entertainment sector in Africa through the last decade, his personal relationships with various exceptional creative minds and talents have exposed him to counseling artists on managing mental health, introducing medical practitioners into artists’ and actors’ fast-life space in order to provide health care services which covers both physical and mental health and also investing in concierge medical services that cater for artists.
WHERE TO FIND THE GUESTS
ABOUT THE AFRICA MUSIC LAW SHOW
- Premier music business and entertainment law show empowering the African artist, and the creative industry at large.
- Is the industry’s go-to source for business, legal commentary & analysis on Africa’s entertainment market.
- Made iTunes Top 3 Business Podcasts in Nigeria.
- Made iTunes Top 4 ‘New & Noteworthy’.
- Hundreds of thousands of downloads.
- Subscribers: Africa & Hollywood’s power executives, industry professionals, and creative talents.
- Countries represented: Nigeria (26%), USA (23%), UK (15%), UAE (7%), and Other (29%)
Ms. Uduak – Fashion and Entertainment Lawyer & Founder of Africa Music Law.
Where to Find Host Ms. Uduak
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo