“Former world heavyweight boxing champion, Mike Tyson and the Williams sisters – Venus and Serena are expected to storm the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja for the Goodluck, Fashanu inter Sports academy.
Ambassador John Fashanu, who made this known to News men in Abuja, said that the celebrated sports personalities will be in the country topartner them in their quest to set up the first ever all Sports academy in Nigeria.
Fashanu described the project as massive and has the backing of the Nigeria Government which feels that such programme will help empower the youths of the country using sports as a platform.
He revealed that the Federal Capital Territory administration has made available to them a massive plot of land where the academy would be built.
“The FCT minister has given us a land for the building of the academy. It’s a very big plot of land which is more than enough for the kind of thing we are planning to build there,” he said.
The former Wimbledon FC striker noted that apart from Mike Tyson and the Williams sisters, several other top stars in the world of sports would be partnering them in the project. Some of them he said include, Nwankwo Kanu of Nigeria, Linford Christie of the United Kingdom and several others. . .”
-The Daily Newswatch has the full story.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up