History was made this week as fast-rising Afro-Pop/Afrobeats star MOELOGO became the first Afrobeats artist to sign a major label deal with renowned and iconic record label Island Records – home to the likes of Drake, Dizzee Rascal, legendary King Sunny Ade and the late great Bob Marley – in collaboration with EGA Records.
Under the Edgie Lartey-owned 233 Connect and managed by Ismail Oshodi and prolific producer/songwriter Bayoz Muzik, Moelogo has gone from strength to strength, ever since he burst unto the Afrobeats scene in 2012. First with his breakthrough single “Pangolo”, then with his critically acclaimed self-titled EP featuring collaborations with the likes of Fuse ODG, DRB LasGidi and Dee Moneey, and recently with the massive single “The Baddest”.
Now Moelogo is ready to take his talents to the biggest stage of them all, following his game-changing record deal with EGA/Island Records, by announcing the forthcoming release of his upcoming single titled “My Sweetie” produced by long-time collaborator Bayoz Muzik and SOS.
Coming on the back of the success of “The Baddest” which was playlisted on BBC 1Xtra, supported heavily on Beat FM and featured on all the leading Afrobeats online publications, and adding his signing to EGA/Island Records, the anticipation for Moelogo’s next single is now at a fever pitch. To be released in only a matter of weeks, get ready as the Year Of Moelogo is set to continue with “My Sweetie”.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society