Several things folks before you watch the clip below of D’Banj’s recent appearance on the Tim Westwood show:
1. As an AML reader, you have had the exclusive look into what really happened with the D’Banj and Kanye West deal from the insider involved in brokering the deal. If you missed it, click here to read it.
2. Over time, Tim Westwood has gained strong rapport with D’Banj and to me, the interview felt more like a pre-planned script that lacked the spontaneity Westwood is known for. Nevertheless, D’banj does share some accurate history on Nigeria’s music industry and what he foresees for the future.
3. I find D’Banj’s discussion on the value of his catalog inherited from Don Jazzy rather interesting.
I believe that with D’Banj cleaning up his brand image as he has been doing of late, there is room for him to do serious damage and the best is indeed yet to come. Interesting times ahead.
Share your thoughts here, with me on twitter at @uduaklaw, AML’s social media pages or your own.
Check out the video clip below:
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company