eLDee is always about his business and I like that a lot about him. In a recent short and sweet interview with Hip on TV (another media outlet I like for their strong substantive content), he discusses his goal to make his newly formed label IMAN entertainment the first African Major. According to eLDee, what that means is that IMAN currently houses the following under its umbrella:
- Content to consumer structure
- A record label
- A distribution company (IMAN has the biggest distribution company in the country with over 5,000 outlets in Nigeria. It distributes music, movies and media and extends to Sierra Leone, Ghana, among other countries. IMAN also distributes film so Nollywood AML industry folk, get at eLDee).
- IMAN houses studios and has in house music gurus including music producers Sarz and Sheyman as key assets; and finally,
- IMAN houses an events company
According to eLDee, the goal is to “monetize these creative assets form a very business minded perspective . . . and create structure in the industry.”
It seems he has really thought it through and his moves strategically positions him and IMAN as key players within the next 3-5 years in both Africa’s music and film industries. Good look eLDee. I like. Now get back to work because you have a lot of work to do given your tall and very ambitious, yet totally do-able, goals.
Watch clip below folks.
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show