eLDee is always about his business and I like that a lot about him. In a recent short and sweet interview with Hip on TV (another media outlet I like for their strong substantive content), he discusses his goal to make his newly formed label IMAN entertainment the first African Major. According to eLDee, what that means is that IMAN currently houses the following under its umbrella:
- Content to consumer structure
- A record label
- A distribution company (IMAN has the biggest distribution company in the country with over 5,000 outlets in Nigeria. It distributes music, movies and media and extends to Sierra Leone, Ghana, among other countries. IMAN also distributes film so Nollywood AML industry folk, get at eLDee).
- IMAN houses studios and has in house music gurus including music producers Sarz and Sheyman as key assets; and finally,
- IMAN houses an events company
According to eLDee, the goal is to “monetize these creative assets form a very business minded perspective . . . and create structure in the industry.”
It seems he has really thought it through and his moves strategically positions him and IMAN as key players within the next 3-5 years in both Africa’s music and film industries. Good look eLDee. I like. Now get back to work because you have a lot of work to do given your tall and very ambitious, yet totally do-able, goals.
Watch clip below folks.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company