Shakar El is an artist who it appears has followed my work on my social media platforms: twitter, facebook etc. for a while now. As a result, he is one artist I have paid attention to. I’ve talked about how artists can build and leverage relationships with the media and media personalities on social media platforms. This is not to be confused with kissing up to persons you don’t like just because you want something. Have a genuine interest and care about what they do as much as you want them to care about what you do. It is about relationships and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Be yourself but be professional and respectful.
In any event, Shakar El drops his new single and when he informed me of that fact on twitter, I was curious to hear how work. I finally had the time to take a listen and he is off to a strong start. Take a listen below.
[audio:https://www.africamusiclaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Onyebuchim-by-El-Shakar-www.africamusiclaw.com_.mp3|titles=Onyebuchim by El Shakar www.africamusiclaw.com]
“Shakar EL . . . . finally (returns) to Nigeria from the United Kingdom . . . to reintroduce himself (with his new release) ONYEBUCHIM. The song is expected to appeal to a diverse audience in Nigeria encompassing both the old and young because of its fusion of the traditional with the modern. Shakar EL, while physically absent from Nigeria, never quite left. In fact, in 2009, Shakar El released his hit single ‘Anyhow.’ The song enjoyed radio airplay across the country as well as clubs. The subsequent video ‘Anyhow’ was also well received and eventually topped charts on Channel O for weeks, while on steady rotation on Soundcity, Nigezie, MTV Base and other local stations. . . “
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives