Investigative Journalist Osagie Alonge claims seasoned music veteran Naeto C’s career is in oblivion. He claims Naeto C should have stayed with Storm records, one of the larger record labels back in the days in Nigeria. He also claims that hip-hop in Nigeria has a lot more genres to compete with: afrobeat/pop, gospel, fuji, R&B and then rap music; and that every artist who left Storm records really have nothing to show for it.
He says Naeto C needs to step his game up.
I recall sharing a similar view in terms of the direction Naeto C’s career was going in December of 2012. Revisit my article here.
Osagie also gives music producer E-Kelly some music business flogging. He claims the producer has been giving artists “crappy” beats including Lynxxx, Naeto C and M.I.
Watch the video below. Do you agree with Osagie?
Warning: Strong language used.
Do you agree?
What are your thoughts.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company