The Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA) 2014 opens up submissions for nominees.
For my AML readers, this is a mandate, not an option. SUPPORT the NEA, your own positive people trying to make a difference. It is as easy as spreading the word, attending the event, throwing your sponsorship weight behind them and so much more that can be don. We can and should help support the NEA to create a top notch event because we all stand to benefit if this organization succeeds. I believe in what they are doing and I hope you all, a strong community of resourceful, intelligent influencers can throw your support as well behind this group.
It’s the month of April and that time of the year when the Nigerian Entertainment Awards (NEA) begins collecting submissions for the NEA awards held annually in New York City. All members of the entertainment industry are encouraged to put in their submissions in order to be considered for any of the award categories.
The process for submission has been streamlined this year, and made easy for all entrants. Simply visit the NEA awards website at www.neaawards.com and fill out the nomination form on the site. To help the reviewing committee, it is important that necessary materials that showcase the applicants’ body of work from March 2013 – March 2014 only, are submitted along with the form. This year there are 23 award categories broken out across music, film and others. The deadline for submission is April 30th, and nominees will officially be announced in the month of May.
The NEA awards is an established institution in the Nigeria entertainment industry, and has been a great platform that focuses on recognizing the amazing talent in the industry, while also serving as a bridge between the talents and their international fan base. All members of the industry are strongly encouraged to put in their submissions and align themselves with the institution.
As the producers of the award show work towards planning and organizing what will be the biggest and most memorable award show yet in NEA history, any one looking to be a part of this by way of sponsorships can connect via either one of the following:
For sponsorship inquires please contact:
NEA US: (347) 470 9667
NEA NGR: (234) 809 456 0698
BBM PIN: 2B6EF353
For all press and media related inquires please contact:
Tel: 347 762 0677
2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards Categories
• Best Album of the Year
• Hottest Single of the Year
• Best New Act of the Year
• Gospel Artist of the Year
• Indigenous Artist of the Year
• Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year
• Best Rap Act of the Year
• Music Producer of the Year
• Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director)
• Best Collaboration
• Diaspora Artist of the Year
• African Artist of the Year (Non-Nigerian)
• Best Actor in a Lead Role
• Best Supporting Actor
• Best Actress in a Lead Role
• Best Supporting Actress
• Best Director
• Best Picture
• Entertainment Personality of the Year
• Entertainment Executive of the Year
• Best On Air Personality (OAP)
• Funniest Comedian of Year
• World DJ
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”