‘Nigerian Music Going Global’ on AfricaMusicLaw.com tracks the slow but steady rise and infiltration of contemporary Nigerian music and artists in Western mainstream culture across the globe. Today’s feature sees American music stars Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz rocking to Nigerian artist Wizkid’s ‘Ojuelegba,’ a hit single off his latest album ‘Ayo.’ Ayo means joy in the Yoruba language.
Last month, we saw Drake and Skepta drop a remixed version of Ojuelegba.
Swizz Beatz shares ‘Ayo’ album cover
Swizz Beatz Rocks to the song
A video posted by therealswizzz (@therealswizzz) on
Alicia Keys Dances to Ojuelegba
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society