The Nigerian music industry talks during this COVID19 lockdown period are ongoing, rich and from diverse sources on Instagram and other Social Network platforms. In this curated lists, artists Teemanay, Meaku and DJ Dee Money share their experiences of breaking and working in the music business on the ‘Live with Cos’ Show.
Emerging artist Teemanay shares his journey from Nigeria, through South Africa, back to Nigeria and eventually moving to the United States.
DJ Dee Money shares his personal background, breaking into the business, and pushing and promoting Nigerian music for the last two decades, Nigerian Music Business and more.
Singer/songwriter Meaku shares his personal background, his music, collaboration with LV, growing up in Inglewood, challenges in his business and more.
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’