Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan became a model for Apple’s Beats by Dre headphones at the recent unveiling of the launch of Nigeria’s Youth Employment In Agricultural Programme #YEAP. You all know how I feel about this situation. Why is the focus on a very important program overshadowed by the marketing and promotions of D’Banj’s own personal brand ambassador deal with Apple? Why is the President indulging in this? I know D’Banj supported his candidacy and handed over a large majority of votes from Nigerian youths to him, but isn’t there another way to thank D’Banj?
I have a problem with this.
D’banh’s compelling youth campaign for the President in 2011
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!