Congratulations to Toyin Abraham for the successful debut of her movie ‘Alakada Reloaded’ which made its cinema debut on Friday, May 26, 2017. The movie sold out at various times in different cinemas across Nigeria and sold out ten halls in a single cinema.
“I was at Silverbird Cinema, Ikeja all day and I was surprised at the reception from fans all over,” said the actress in a statement released to the press, including AML. “People, in large numbers, were trooping in to see Alakada Reloaded, it was honestly beyond my imagination. The tickets for the 12:55 pm show which was the first show, were sold out by 12noon, with so many people still waiting. I feel so loved and blessed. I am grateful to God for His blessings and my fans for their love and support. In just one cinema, we sold out 10 halls, we also had sold out all in other cinemas; I have got the best fans. It’s so exciting and I want this to continue for as long as possible.”
The movie is currently showing at various cinemas in Lagos, Kano, Warri, Ilorin, Warri, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Asaba, Calabar, Ibadan, and Akure. Alakada tells the story of Yetunde Animashaun, a young girl from a poor family background who as a result of her inferiority complex, lies about her financial and social status in order to fit in. The movie is star-studded with a cast from the English and Yoruba Nollywood industry sectors: Ali Baba, Odunlade Adekola, Kehinde Bankole, Woli Arole, Nedu OAP, Helen Paul, Lilian Esoro, Annie Idibia, Bidemi Kosoko, Liz Da Silva, Lala Akindoju, Mr Latin, Iyabo Ojo, Gabriel Afolayan and Toyin Abraham.
Watch the trailer
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!