There have been a lot of things said about Kunle Afolayan both on the continent and here in the USA. Suffice it to say, he is a filmmaker to watch and his clear understanding of the critical role story telling plays in filmmaking means, to me, means the best is yet to come.
Afolayan also has a new movie titled ‘October 1st’ that he is currently working on. I will share that update soon on AML. In the meantime, watch Afolayan’s sit down with Afrinolly.
“Kunle Afolayan is a Nigerian actor and director. He is the son of the famous theater and film director and producer Ade Love. He is of Yoruba descent. Afolayan majored in economics. Since 2005 he has been active in Nigerian film industry.
Education: New York Film Academy
Movies: Phone Swap, The Figurine, Irapada
Awards: African Movie Academy Award for Best Nigerian Film
Nominations: African Movie Academy Award for Best Director” – Wikipedia
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives