There have been a lot of things said about Kunle Afolayan both on the continent and here in the USA. Suffice it to say, he is a filmmaker to watch and his clear understanding of the critical role story telling plays in filmmaking means, to me, means the best is yet to come.
Afolayan also has a new movie titled ‘October 1st’ that he is currently working on. I will share that update soon on AML. In the meantime, watch Afolayan’s sit down with Afrinolly.
“Kunle Afolayan is a Nigerian actor and director. He is the son of the famous theater and film director and producer Ade Love. He is of Yoruba descent. Afolayan majored in economics. Since 2005 he has been active in Nigerian film industry.
Education: New York Film Academy
Movies: Phone Swap, The Figurine, Irapada
Awards: African Movie Academy Award for Best Nigerian Film
Nominations: African Movie Academy Award for Best Director” – Wikipedia
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’