“Piracy this, piracy that. Piracy is killing Nollywood. Piracy, piracy, piracy.” How many times have we heard the Nollywood film industry complain about this. Yet, screen writers, producers, directors and all continue to just rip the living day lights out of names, image and trademarks of famous American stars.
The latest thievery is the straight up hi-jacking and ripping off of the living daylights out of Lady Gaga’s name. “Oh common Ms. Uduak it ain’t as dramatic as you make it seem. They are in Africa who is paying attention?”
Now that’s the question innit? I am sure I’ll have to revisit stories like this later. So I’ll save the discussion for when it really counts.
Oh! You heard of Nollywood flick Beyonce and Rihanna? Loooooooooooool! I couldn’t help it. Funny stuff I tell ya.
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo