Nollywood’s Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde joins Olisa Adibua on his show ‘The Truth,’ where she takes on the business of film in Nigeria, shares how she broke into the industry and some current issues talents and other industry professionals face.
A few highlights
- Nollywood is getting better.
- More producers taking more risks.
- More industry professionals are obtaining film education.
- Nollywood needs more cinematic movies so it is not defined by straight to video movies, the current status quo.
- New Nollywood is getting better but old Nollywood is getting worse.
- Old Nollywood engages in abuse against talents, talents are underpaid, talents have to pay producers to feature in their movies, and more.
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo