The Mercy Aigbe v. Lanre Gentry domestic violence legal dispute takes a new turn as lawyers for Opemititi Ajayi threaten Celebrity Blogger Linda Ikeji and Mercy Aigbe with a 500 million Naira lawsuit for defamation. Ajayi is the lady Aigbe claims her husband committed adultery with and served as the reason for the brutal domestic violence against her. Aigbe’s husband was arrested and jailed at the Kirikiri prison in Lagos. He has been subsequently released on bail and is making a nuisance of himself on social media by showing off a new “love” and showing absolutely no remorse for his acts. Nevertheless, the case against him continues.
Linda Ikeji is pulled into Ajayi’s defamation lawsuit threat because Ajayi claims prior to the publishing of Mercy Aigbe’s video interview with Broadway TV, Ikeji published an article claiming Ajayi was responsible for destroying’s Aigbe’s marriage.
The demand letter was dated May 15, 2017, so the parties have until next week before we hear of a lawsuit filed against them.
Read the demand letter and watch the video with the alleged defamatory statement.
Document Credit: TheKalabaris.com (purple modification: Africa Music Law)
Photo Credit: Naija On Point
Watch the full interview with Broadway TV
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo
- AML 147: Meet Temi Adeniji, MD Warner Music South Africa & SVP, Strategy, Sub-Saharan Africa
- AML 146: Women in “Afrobeats” Music – Eva Alordiah, Weird MC, Joy Tongo
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry