It is interesting to see the split reaction with the recent stunt P-Square pulled at one of their recent concert events in Canada. The twins, while performing, ultimately went shirtless, opened their pants and poured water into their crotches (mostly Peter here). They also got right down to performing in their underwears and allowing for their women fan base to touch/grope them.
Trust Peter Okoye to always try to do the ‘by force, by force’ I must sell you sex thing. It used to be the twins poured water on their bodies while they performed. Now, they’ve raised the sell sex ‘by force by force’ game.
I realize the AML audience is predominantly male. Nevertheless, I would be curious if you find P-Square’s tactics to be a valid way of satisfying their fan base or is it just overgrown men, for lack of a better word, trying way too hard?
Post the strong reactions criticizing the twins, Peter Okoye posted the tweets below saying those who criticize them are just “jealous.”
Your thoughts with artist branding?
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society