Peter Lentini, a trailblazer, influencer and household name among the African Diaspora in the United States, especially in California, joins host of the Africa Music Law, Ms. Uduak, on the 134th episode to discuss how to build diverse streams of income to handle life’s seasons. It’s a must-listen and must-share interview. Listen, enjoy and share.
Peter Lentini (guest) is the founder and creative director at Ankara Festivals organization, and Afrotivity; both of which have become household names in the state of California. He entered the entertainment business as an event promoter in Lagos, Nigeria, organizing street carnivals and concerts for brands and organizations.
In 2000 he moved to the Bay Area, started Naija Entertainment Organization in 2004, to create an avenue to foster unity among Nigerians in the Bay Area through social events. He has always been fascinated by the African culture and everything that surrounds it, and so in the summer of 2009 he moved to the entertainment capital of the world. Here he re-launched his entertainment company and went on to birth Ankara Festival Los Angeles (AFLA), and Afrotivity. Social organizations that showcases the African culture through fashion, music, arts, comedy and food. The aim of Ankara Festival Los Angeles is to create a social landscape for cultural pride in North America. For over 14 years Peter Lentini has been in the Business of using entertainment as a tool to bring Africans in the diaspora together. Forming partnerships, providing platforms and creating outlets for fellow Africans. Also known as DJ Lentini, he promotes african events (club parties, music concerts, movie premieres etc) in los Angeles. He also has a podcast #thelentinipodcast and a daily Vlog called #405talk.
Uduak Oduok, (Host) founder of Africa Music Law, is a Partner and Co-Founder of Ebitu Law Group, P.C. where she handles her firm’s intellectual property law, media, business, fashion, and entertainment law practice areas. For fifteen years, as an attorney, she has litigated a wide variety of cases in California courts. She has also handled a variety of entertainment deals for clients in the USA, Africa and Asia including network television and licensing deals. Her work and contributions to the creative industry have been recognized by numerous organizations including the National Bar Association and featured in prestigious legal publications in the USA: ABA Journal and The California Lawyer Magazine. She can be reached via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook with the @msuduak handle.
- Peter Lentini on COVID-19 and lessons so far from it.
- Peter Lentini’s personal background.
- How he broke into the entertainment industry.
- How he built his personal brand.
- His work as a DJ, podcast host and events producer (music, Ankara festival etc.)
- His predictions on the rise of African music, particularly Afro beats in the U.S.
- Tips for listeners/others interested in following his work.
Where to Find Peter Lentini
Where to Find Host Ms.Uduak
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up