There was so much drama about Wale’s failure to show up at the recent Ice Prince’s concert/album launch, although he had already been booked to do so.
However, this consternation quickly gave way to much celebration for many when Wale shortly after i.e. over the weekend, paid a visit to his father’s home country, Nigeria, for the first time. The visit was to perform at the Johnnie Walker event which was held over the weekend.
A lot happened this past weekend, so check out the interviews, performances and all the scoop from his emotional visit thus far courtesy Wale and Netng (video clips), Beat FM, Trace TV and Sound City (interviews).
By the way you guys, time flies and indeed if you can dream it, you can achieve it.
I still remember when Wale signed to Interscope records and the label reached out to tell me about this Nigerian-American artist I needed to know and feature on Ladybrille, prior to Wale really gaining traction. After he signed, that relationship did not work out but Wale was determined, hooked up with Maybach Music and the rest is history.
Anything really is possible. Indeed.
Check on it folks.
Wale Arrives Nigeria
Wale’s Interview with TOOLZ of the Beat FM
Wale on TRACE TV
Seyi Shay “killt” it on this duet. Good look
Wale Performs DC Chillin’
Wale and Wizkid
Wale Honors Father
Wale Performs Lotus Flower Bomb
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku