Hey AML people. I am finally back in California and truly, there is no place like home. I enjoyed my time away at New York Fashion Week and had a blast, overall. Below are some of the people, places and things in pictures that capture my New York Fashion Week 2014 experience.(For my Nigerian readers, I also enjoyed some mean pounded yam and efo riro (soup) while in NY that a friend I was visiting hooked me up with. I was over the moon! LOL!)
Now I have to get ready for the new week! Catch you all soon.
Video of me walking the show
Pictures with some of the ‘Role Models’ not Runway Models who also Walked the Show
Some Press from walking the show
1. What does a fashion lawyer/entrepreneur have in her closet? Fashion Forward.
2. 24 Women Who Are Changing the Face of Beauty on the Runway. Bella Sugar
3. MSNBC Video
More pics & press but let’s keep this post as short as possible. Now on to wearing Ladybrille Magazine Fashion Editorial hat. Some few pics of some of the shows I attended.
Rocking HVS to The Deola Show
Oh Wow! Look who I ran into, after many moons of not seeing these fellas?
Oh! Look who I ran into at the Korto Momolu Show? Photographer and Judge of Africa’s Next Top Model Remi Adetiba. I am 6ft 2in tall. Remi must be like 6ft 5in tall. He also walks tall. Good stuff.
All work and no play? We can’t have that. So, more time for self and to do tourist things including:
Visiting the Empire State Building. We went all the way to to the top and could see the entire view of New York City! Fun, fun, fun! By the way, in case you like the Bracelet I rock, it is by Darrell Roach who I met at the Korto show and who gifted me with the unique bracelet. I have not stopped receiving compliments everywhere I have gone with his bracelet. Also, my shirt is a men’s shirt by Open Ceremony. It fit like a glove.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company