It appears there will be no charges filed against Don Jazzy for allegedly attempting to murder a patron, Princewill Ojukwu at his nightclub, at least that is what Princewill and his lawyers claimed. Instead, the duo have resolved the issue in typical Nigerian style. They hugged, took a photo and shared it with the public. We have seen this method of resolving alleged criminal acts perpetrated by a criminal defendant on the victim in Nigeria, time and time again. It is such a big contrast from here in the USA where the victim would be way too traumatized and would not even think about agreeing to a picture like the one above, much less making “peace.”
For a discussion on the initially charges alleged, visit the Archived AML case here.
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’