It is now five years since the rap king, Oladapo Olaitan Olaonipekun, Dagrin, died, yet his fame and name never at any time disappeared in Nigeria’s rap game. Reminiscing on his death reminds us of his bravery and guts in the use and commands of language which he best displayed in his last song ‘If I die”.
Grin as popularly called by some of his followers clearly stated his abhorrence for pretentious tears and developed his verse to tell of himself as a man who wanted his best and not self-pity.
Today, we celebrate him as a legend and not a loss as HipTV brings you Nigerian entertainers reactions 5 years on. ~Hip TV
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo