Revolt TV Music Summit launched by Sean “Diddy” Combs, just wrapped up its Atlanta Music Summit held September 12.14, 2019. There were many speakers including T.I., Killer Mike, Candace Owens, Steven Pargett of Trap The Vote, Katrina Pierson, and Tamika D Mallory who participated on a panel on politics and pop culture in America.
Ms. Uduak’s Commentary
First, Candace is bold to speak in a forum where she most likely would get cornered and yelled at, and in fact did get yelled at thanks to T.I. I totally disliked how he thought yelling and trying to shut her down would advance his point. He was beyond ridiculous and rude.
Second, Killer Mike made a lot of sense. In fact, his comments were more like mic drops and the panel should have just been wrapped up and everyone go home.
Third, you have to watch my law colleague Tone Talks give such an excellent feedback on the summit, and Diddy’s role. He is so on point. Specifically, he discusses how the summit missed the mark on the black agenda.
Warning: Strong language used.
Photo credit: Moses Robinson (Getty Images for Revolt)
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up