AML people, if you have been following me for a while, you know, right from the onset of this blog, that I have emphasized the need for artists and talents in general to build and own their own customer data. Owning your customer data is where your money is at. Ryan breaks it down even more in the video below and shows how he is making $2million through his music with no label, no manager, no music videos, and no public relations.
Co-founder & CEO of Disruptive Multimedia, Ryan Leslie is a Harvard graduate and a multi-platinum producer. He was nominated for the Grammy Awards (Best Contemporary R&B Album Category) and is also an avid technologist, with more than 560.000 followers on Twitter. Here, as the architect and ultimate case study for Disruptive Multimedia (DMM)’s simple CRM for creators, Ryan shares his experiences, including his decision to remove his latest album from iTunes and use an inbound SMS campaign, powered by DMM, to earn over $475.000 in D2C revenue from just 14.000 fans. His album sold 180.000 copies… and his royalties multiplied four times over.
Ryan Leslie, Artist, CEO & Co-Founder, Disruptive MultiMedia (USA) @ryanleslie
Jem Aswad, Contributor, Billboard (USA)@jemaswad
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives