Davido and his family have been thrown into mourning with the announcement of the death of his uncle, Senator Isiaka Adeleke. Mr. Adeleke died today, Sunday morning, in Nigeria. It remains unclear what caused his death and the story is still developing. Our condolences to the Adeleke family.
Read excerpts about Mr. Adeleke’s death below:
“The senator representing Osun West, Isiaka Adeleke, is dead, family sources and one of his colleagues have confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES.
Mr. Adeleke, aged 62, died Sunday morning at a hospital in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, hours after he engaged in a political meeting which terminated late Saturday.
Until his death, Mr. Adeleke chaired the Senate committee on capital market.
He was in the Senate for the second time, having first represented Osun West between 2007 and 2011 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.
He could not return to the Senate in 2011, after he was defeated by Mudashiru Hussein of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria.
But in 2014, after a failed governorship bid, he defected to the All Progressives Congress which sponsored him to contest the 2015 Osun West senatorial election which he won to earn a second time in the Senate.
Mr. Adeleke became the first elected Governor of Osun State in 1991 on the platform of the Social Democratic Party.
He sponsored a bill to protect whistleblowers and security informants…”
–PREMIUM TIMES has the full story.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up