R&B singer and songwriter Seyi Shay has signed an endorsement deal with Samsson, a middle eastern telecommunications company that is a service provider for Etisalat and Cloud 9 in Nigeria. Her endorsement deal will require promotional activities to help expand the brand reach of Samsson; and includes selecting a “lucky” fan, on a monthly basis, to spend time with Seyi Shay, enjoy a photo session and gifts delivered through the pop star.
Seyi Shay was previously a lead singer of the British Pop/RnB girl group “From Above”, and was signed to Sony/Columbia Record company and Music World Entertainment owned by Beyonce’s father; Matthew Knowles. After the group broke up, she relocated to Nigeria and broke into the music scene in the country a few years ago. She has since released several hit singles including ‘Murda’ ft Patoranking & Shaydee and a freshman album titled ‘Seyi or Shay.’ She is also now signed to Island Records in the U.K., and owns her own record company in Nigeria.
Learn all about Seyi Shay and her career with AML’s in-depth interview with the artist below.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives