R&B singer and songwriter Seyi Shay has signed an endorsement deal with Samsson, a middle eastern telecommunications company that is a service provider for Etisalat and Cloud 9 in Nigeria. Her endorsement deal will require promotional activities to help expand the brand reach of Samsson; and includes selecting a “lucky” fan, on a monthly basis, to spend time with Seyi Shay, enjoy a photo session and gifts delivered through the pop star.
Seyi Shay was previously a lead singer of the British Pop/RnB girl group “From Above”, and was signed to Sony/Columbia Record company and Music World Entertainment owned by Beyonce’s father; Matthew Knowles. After the group broke up, she relocated to Nigeria and broke into the music scene in the country a few years ago. She has since released several hit singles including ‘Murda’ ft Patoranking & Shaydee and a freshman album titled ‘Seyi or Shay.’ She is also now signed to Island Records in the U.K., and owns her own record company in Nigeria.
Learn all about Seyi Shay and her career with AML’s in-depth interview with the artist below.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society