Sheesh people. I am blown away sometimes by the length thieves take in copying other people’s work i.e. content, trademarks etc. People, Nigeria’s legal systems might not be strong on the enforcement part, and yes intellectual property laws are still something Nigeria and the rest of Africa is trying to figure out. But, please believe me when I say there is a court of public opinion and there is Africamusiclaw.com. This means blatant copying will be exposed and (archived on the internet forever and ever) and you ain’t gonna like what I have to say ’bout it.
This blatant copying below has all sorts of “wrongs” I don’t know where to begin? The nerve? Nigerians and other African groups that engage in blatant copying, y’all need to know this mess is unacceptable.
Y’all know this mess below irritates me to no end. I mean BellaNaija.com‘s website, background image and even logo could not be replaced. It took the woman (Uche Eze) five years to get to where she is. Hintsonlinemagazine, take a “hint” find your own custom made background and put in your own work? Off to a wrong start on the www. Nonsense and rubbish!
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”