Interesting news stories not necessarily worth lengthy discussions, at least for now. Check them out:
1.Another Succour! Skales Moves In With TimayaThis is an unwise move and somewhat impulsive, in my view. Skales, my 50 kobo for all it’s worth. You need to stand on your own and sort yourself out, if in fact this news story is true. When one relationship ends, you don’t just jump into the next. You take the time to discover and learn from your mistakes before jumping into the next. The EME contract just expired last month, January. Skales, stop looking for others to “take care” of you. You are a man now. Take care of yourself.
3.Another Contract Dispute! Questionmark Boss Set For War With Harrysong
Kevin Luciano and Harrysong are in a legal brouhaha similar to the Chocolate City one. I wish them good luck in resolving their dispute.
Look for future paid Webinars I will be producing which interested AML artists can attend to hear me discuss some of the legal liability/issues and drama that artists and labels can avoid, as we move forward during the year.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society