I believe that two of the most powerful tools a person can have in society is law and media. If you are a creative, especially an artist, these two tools are imperative. A knowledge and access to the law helps you protect your intellectual property (copyright, trademarks etc.), while the media helps with the distribution and amplification of your brand. All of which should translate to increased and diverse revenue streams and opportunities.
So, it is particularly powerful and exciting to see Tanzania’s Diamond Platnumz claim ownership of one of these tools (media) with the launch his own television and radio stations called Wasafi. While the Tanzanian superstar has announced the launch for weeks, he just recently finally acquired the necessary broadcast licenses to operate his stations.
Congratulations to him.
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo