I believe that two of the most powerful tools a person can have in society is law and media. If you are a creative, especially an artist, these two tools are imperative. A knowledge and access to the law helps you protect your intellectual property (copyright, trademarks etc.), while the media helps with the distribution and amplification of your brand. All of which should translate to increased and diverse revenue streams and opportunities.
So, it is particularly powerful and exciting to see Tanzania’s Diamond Platnumz claim ownership of one of these tools (media) with the launch his own television and radio stations called Wasafi. While the Tanzanian superstar has announced the launch for weeks, he just recently finally acquired the necessary broadcast licenses to operate his stations.
Congratulations to him.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives