I believe that two of the most powerful tools a person can have in society is law and media. If you are a creative, especially an artist, these two tools are imperative. A knowledge and access to the law helps you protect your intellectual property (copyright, trademarks etc.), while the media helps with the distribution and amplification of your brand. All of which should translate to increased and diverse revenue streams and opportunities.
So, it is particularly powerful and exciting to see Tanzania’s Diamond Platnumz claim ownership of one of these tools (media) with the launch his own television and radio stations called Wasafi. While the Tanzanian superstar has announced the launch for weeks, he just recently finally acquired the necessary broadcast licenses to operate his stations.
Congratulations to him.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up