Tee Billz, ex-Manager and current husband of Tiwa Savage, is scheduled to speak tomorrow, Saturday, April 15, 2017, at an event where he will discuss ‘reasons why marriages fail in the 21st century.’ It is almost a year since the dramatic events that led to a complete public meltdown of Tiwa and Tee Bilz airing every detail possible about their marital woes to the world.
For AML readers, if you recall, his wife publicly accused him of embezzlement of the funds in their business, substance abuse, among other damning accusations. Tee Billz who began the drama on social media subsequently suffered a mental health breakdown and tried to self-harm by allegedly attempting to jump off one of the local bridges in Lagos. For such very traumatic events, is a year enough to deal with that kind of public crisis, the mental health issue, the substance abuse, the childhood trauma Tee Billz claimed prompted him to instigate the crisis, the marriage, and also co-parenting with Tiwa Savage?
It is also interesting to note that since the meltdown, there has been no announcement of the marriage actually “failing” or a divorce filed. On the contrary, the two have reconciled and recently had a baby dedication of their son, although it is unclear if they live together. So, technically, can he credibly speak about “reasons marriages fail”?
Irrespective of their changed circumstances, the obvious question is, isn’t this premature? I understand Tee Billz has to hustle for money, coming off that very ugly public crisis he created, his wife exacerbated and that did very bad damage to his career.
What are your thoughts? Premature or the timing is just perfect.
Revisit the scope and extent of the crisis below:
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!