Bisi Alimi, a self proclaimed gay activist in the UK who is of Nigerian heritage, recently took to social media to simply rain insults on Nigeria and Nigerians because he was supposed to be interviewed by a TV station and the interview logistics did not work out. Sounds like a spoilt brat to me.
You don’t like Nigeria and its policies. Fine. What exactly have you done and are you doing to make Nigeria better? What makes you so self righteous and better than Nigeria and Nigerians?
Also, your personal experience or challenges you may have suffered, as a result of revealing your sexual identity, is not a license to go off the handle on all Nigerians and Nigeria. You sit in the UK and rain abuses on your own. How easy and convenient it is to forget the spoken and unspoken atrocities by the British, the world over, including against persons like yourself and your own people. What, the Western brand of wickedness is preferred?
Mr. Alimi, get it together and make yourself useful if you claim to care that much; or better yet go home to Nigeria and be willing to die for what you believe. Others will have to do it for the kind of freedom you seek. Fleeing the country and staying abroad to curse people out doesn’t advance your cause or interest or that of those in your situation. It just makes you look like a silly spoilt brat.
- AML 159: Meet Gary W. Goldstein, Iconic Hollywood Producer
- AML 158: Wizkid x Tems x Justin Bieber “Essence,” Drake CLB, Nextflix in Africa & More!
- AML 157: 1:1 Interview with Top Media Executive Fentselite on Life, Career & More!
- AML 156: How Bad Metadata Makes Artists Lose Out on Royalties with Keith Kirk
- AML 155: NFTs for Artists with David Bianchi, Creator of “The Modern Day-Minstrel” Show