I have said that the downfall of Seyi Shay, who is by the way a very talented artist, will have to be how she interviews. There have been several instances where she just misses the boat. It’s also not necessarily that she says the wrong things, it is how she says it.
I will in her defense have to say the question posed to her was quite dumb. Who cares that Amber Rose is in Lagos, at least from an artist standpoint. It is D’Banj’s 10th year anniversary. Why aren’t we asking questions about Seyi Shay making the time to come support her colleague; and how exactly D’Banj has supported her work in the past?
Check out the video. The photo used for the illustration is one that raised major controversy as people questioned how the pop star would dress in such manner to visit a President of a country, Nigeria for that matter.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society