TechCabal just authored an article on the ‘Most Viewed Nigerian Music videos on You Tube’ that you should check out. Funny enough, almost a month ago, I was on You Tube when I made note of the millions of views our artists now enjoy, even the not so famous ones. I also recall Obi Asika highlighting our video stats a few years back.
I think now that we are armed with this information, it is for us to leverage it and focus on how we use it to help position our industry for growth.
View some of the videos below:
1. P-Square’s ‘Personally’ = 45,961, 238
2. D’Banj’s ‘Oliver Twist’ = 33,869. 369
3. P-Square’s ‘Chop my Money’ = 26, 103, 687
View the full listing on Techcabal.com.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”