In no particular order, the following are the 9 biggest Nigerian music deals of 2012.
8. Tinie Tempah Signs Wizkid to his Management Company Disturbing London. This was a very quiet deal. Tempah is Director of Disturbing London and there are other Nigerians managing his company.
9. P-Square’ Signs Music Distribution Deal with Universal South Africa.
Extra: There was the news that Bez signed a music publishing deal in the USA with Universal. I followed up on that and supposedly it occurred but the details where way to sketchy and the Bez team way too silent. So, it doesn’t quite make my list.
Did I miss any other major deals? If so, please do share with me and the AML community.
I look forward, in 2013, to see how all of these deals materialize. It’s gonna be an exciting 2013!!!
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!