In no particular order, the following are the 9 biggest Nigerian music deals of 2012.
8. Tinie Tempah Signs Wizkid to his Management Company Disturbing London. This was a very quiet deal. Tempah is Director of Disturbing London and there are other Nigerians managing his company.
9. P-Square’ Signs Music Distribution Deal with Universal South Africa.
Extra: There was the news that Bez signed a music publishing deal in the USA with Universal. I followed up on that and supposedly it occurred but the details where way to sketchy and the Bez team way too silent. So, it doesn’t quite make my list.
Did I miss any other major deals? If so, please do share with me and the AML community.
I look forward, in 2013, to see how all of these deals materialize. It’s gonna be an exciting 2013!!!
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo