I recently also watched the clips below and they also seem to corroborate the articles I have read. The Headies is almost ten years old. Aren’t these kinds of issues the type you get when you are just starting out? I am a bit disappointed to hear of this kind of level of disorganization from an established award show that is allegedly Nigeria’s version of the Grammys.
Osagie says the show was quite disorganized especially as to time issue. The red carpet was to start at 6:00pm, it started at 11:38pm. The show finished at 4:30am??!!
Also, if your show starts that late, how are artists supposed to put their best foot forward on stage?
UK based SHiikane claims they were thrown out of the Headies.
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”