The National Society of Ghana Music Producers held its Copyright workshop this past July. Read all about Ghana’s Copyright Laws here. I will tell you guys one thing, Ghana’s copyright statute is nice and easy to read, I love it. It also shares so much similarities with US copyright law and offers certain protections that even the USA is not as explicit about.
“The National Society of Ghana Music Producers (NASGAMP) has held a 4-day workshop under the theme ‘Advocacy for the Enforcement of Copyright Laws to Protect Music Right Owners’, for its members in Kumasi.
NASGAMP is made up of renowned Ghanaian musicians and producers whose interest is to promote peace and harmony to propel the growth of the music industry.
The leadership of the association, since it was formed, has initiated programmes to guarantee regular incomes for the members.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Ashanti Regional Director of the Centre for National Culture (CNC), S.F Adjei, appealed to stakeholders in the creative arts industry to strengthen their front and pursue strategies that would safeguard and protect their rights and interest.
According to him, lack of unity and effective collaboration among the stakeholders had been a major drawback. . .”
Ghanamusic has the full story.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives