The National Society of Ghana Music Producers held its Copyright workshop this past July. Read all about Ghana’s Copyright Laws here. I will tell you guys one thing, Ghana’s copyright statute is nice and easy to read, I love it. It also shares so much similarities with US copyright law and offers certain protections that even the USA is not as explicit about.
“The National Society of Ghana Music Producers (NASGAMP) has held a 4-day workshop under the theme ‘Advocacy for the Enforcement of Copyright Laws to Protect Music Right Owners’, for its members in Kumasi.
NASGAMP is made up of renowned Ghanaian musicians and producers whose interest is to promote peace and harmony to propel the growth of the music industry.
The leadership of the association, since it was formed, has initiated programmes to guarantee regular incomes for the members.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Ashanti Regional Director of the Centre for National Culture (CNC), S.F Adjei, appealed to stakeholders in the creative arts industry to strengthen their front and pursue strategies that would safeguard and protect their rights and interest.
According to him, lack of unity and effective collaboration among the stakeholders had been a major drawback. . .”
Ghanamusic has the full story.
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’