This document was sent to me regarding the Sony-Africa Tinny Entertainment licensing deal. Tinny Entertainment is home to Ycee, known for his hit single ‘Juice’. The document shows there has been a back and forth between the parties with no resolution of the issues surrounding their licensing relationship. It also, in my view, could mean that Sony Africa may soon make an offensive move in an attempt to control its brand reputation/narrative in the region. Let’s see what happens. In the meantime, read the breach of contract allegations from Tinny Entertainment to Sony Africa below.
[scribd id=370886620 key=key-cgmCEwp37JafYRTMEmfI mode=scroll]
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!