Chicago based Nigerian-American rapper and singer Titilope Ademokun aka Titi LoKei, who we have not heard from for quite a while, allegedly shared a message on social media yesterday accusing Beyoncé of copying her.
First, she claims Beyoncé stole her Chicago Bulls Jersey fashion style seen in her 2013 music video titled “Black bottles” and used it for Beyonce’s latest song ‘Feeling myself’ featuring Nicki Minaj.
Finally, she allegedly also claims Beyoncé copied the concept of her song “Bow Down” released in 2014, which Beyoncé has now used for ‘Feeling Myself.’ This accusation is a bit unclear and somehow has also been linked to Beyonce’s song ‘Bow Down Bishes.’
In response, Beyoncé’s fans have launched a vicious attack against Titi Lokei.
Is it possible for Beyoncé to copy the style of an unknown Nigerian artist? Sure.
Did Beyoncé copy her in this scenario? You be the judge.
Titi Lokei rubbing shoulders with Nicki Minaj in the past
Titi Lokei -‘Black Bottles’ Jersey Accusation
Titi Lokei – Alleged song theft style accusation
Beyonce ‘Feeling Myself’ ft. Nicki Minaj
- African and global superstars celebrate Africa Day Concert 2021
- AML 151: Meet Emem Ema, the Artist Manager Extraordinaire Managing Mr. P
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo