Chicago based Nigerian-American rapper and singer Titilope Ademokun aka Titi LoKei, who we have not heard from for quite a while, allegedly shared a message on social media yesterday accusing Beyoncé of copying her.
First, she claims Beyoncé stole her Chicago Bulls Jersey fashion style seen in her 2013 music video titled “Black bottles” and used it for Beyonce’s latest song ‘Feeling myself’ featuring Nicki Minaj.
Finally, she allegedly also claims Beyoncé copied the concept of her song “Bow Down” released in 2014, which Beyoncé has now used for ‘Feeling Myself.’ This accusation is a bit unclear and somehow has also been linked to Beyonce’s song ‘Bow Down Bishes.’
In response, Beyoncé’s fans have launched a vicious attack against Titi Lokei.
Is it possible for Beyoncé to copy the style of an unknown Nigerian artist? Sure.
Did Beyoncé copy her in this scenario? You be the judge.
Titi Lokei rubbing shoulders with Nicki Minaj in the past
Titi Lokei -‘Black Bottles’ Jersey Accusation
Titi Lokei – Alleged song theft style accusation
Beyonce ‘Feeling Myself’ ft. Nicki Minaj
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives
- AML 139: Beyonce’s ‘Black is King’: Merch & Music Royalties for the African Artist
- @NYPost Please Correct your Misleading Headline Stating a “Beyonce-Endorsed Burna Boy Makes Afrobeat go International”
- Join us this Sunday, August 16, 2020, for the ‘Black is King’ Africa Music Law Podcast Roundtable (LIVE STREAM)!