Pregnancy is not a disability, contrary to what many may think. Indeed, the creative community has been known to ignore stereotypes and change status quo, including making it no big deal for a pregnant female artist, at the height of her career, to perform while pregnant.
Indeed that is exactly what Beyoncé did when she revealed her pregnancy to the world at the 2011 Video Music Awards. Two years later, on the Nigerian end, we saw Kaffy, a famed choreographer, do (a similar thing) in Nigeria. Now you can add Nigerian-American R&B singer Tiwa Savage to the list. The artist recently performed in Uganda and from the video she shared, there is no stopping her live performances or artistry while pregnant. Check out the videos.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up