Pregnancy is not a disability, contrary to what many may think. Indeed, the creative community has been known to ignore stereotypes and change status quo, including making it no big deal for a pregnant female artist, at the height of her career, to perform while pregnant.
Indeed that is exactly what Beyoncé did when she revealed her pregnancy to the world at the 2011 Video Music Awards. Two years later, on the Nigerian end, we saw Kaffy, a famed choreographer, do (a similar thing) in Nigeria. Now you can add Nigerian-American R&B singer Tiwa Savage to the list. The artist recently performed in Uganda and from the video she shared, there is no stopping her live performances or artistry while pregnant. Check out the videos.
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company