Pregnancy is not a disability, contrary to what many may think. Indeed, the creative community has been known to ignore stereotypes and change status quo, including making it no big deal for a pregnant female artist, at the height of her career, to perform while pregnant.
Indeed that is exactly what Beyoncé did when she revealed her pregnancy to the world at the 2011 Video Music Awards. Two years later, on the Nigerian end, we saw Kaffy, a famed choreographer, do (a similar thing) in Nigeria. Now you can add Nigerian-American R&B singer Tiwa Savage to the list. The artist recently performed in Uganda and from the video she shared, there is no stopping her live performances or artistry while pregnant. Check out the videos.
- AML 145: Burna Boy, Wizkid Grammy Wins & What it Means for Africa’s Music Industry
- AML144: #StopAsianHate Roundtable
- AML143: #EndSars Human Rights Lawyers on the Frontline (Panel)
- Tobore Ovuorie v. Ebonylife TV: Why Mo Abudu is Most Likely Liable for Copyright Infringement
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society