Five years ago after trying to cut her teeth as a recording artist in Hollywood, Tiwatope Savage-Balogun popularly known as Tiwa Savage relocated to Lagos, Nigeria to try her luck. Her move paid off. Savage gained huge success across the African continent, is now a brand ambassador for several respected brands, a co-owner of a record label and management company called 323 Entertainment, and has a joint venture deal with one of Africa’s prominent record labels, Mavin Records.
Savage now comes full circle with a recent announcement she made on social media (instagram) that she will embark on her first U.S. tour to promote her new album ‘R.E.D.’ Savage who is also a successful songwriter currently signed to Sony/ATV Music Publishing is yet to announce an official date for her tour.
Listen to R.E.D. Album streamed on You Tube courtesy Mavin Records
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’