Five years ago after trying to cut her teeth as a recording artist in Hollywood, Tiwatope Savage-Balogun popularly known as Tiwa Savage relocated to Lagos, Nigeria to try her luck. Her move paid off. Savage gained huge success across the African continent, is now a brand ambassador for several respected brands, a co-owner of a record label and management company called 323 Entertainment, and has a joint venture deal with one of Africa’s prominent record labels, Mavin Records.
Savage now comes full circle with a recent announcement she made on social media (instagram) that she will embark on her first U.S. tour to promote her new album ‘R.E.D.’ Savage who is also a successful songwriter currently signed to Sony/ATV Music Publishing is yet to announce an official date for her tour.
Listen to R.E.D. Album streamed on You Tube courtesy Mavin Records
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives