Happy New Year AML People! Let’s officially get things started for 2019 by reviewing the top 10 podcasts of 2018 on The Africa Music Law Show with yours truly.
Davido’s win at the BET Awards comes in at number one, while the allegation by Danfo Drivers against Tekno for copyright infringement takes second place. One of the biggest stories of 2018 i.e. Wizkid’s no show at Coachella took third place and my interview with veteran broadcaster Emma Ugolee where he spills the beans on payola in the industry came in fourth place. This and many more interesting podcast episodes emerged as top 10 of 2018.
In 2019, I look forward to equally interesting and engaging podcast episodes and guests. For AML interviews, I am always interested in interviewing persons that add value to the AML community and Africa’s music industry ecosystem. This means I often pull heavily from the AML community, majority of whom are industry professionals, influencers and business owners in the entertainment industry. If you would like to be considered as a guest, subscribe to the AML newsletter on this website and send me an email at (email@example.com). I will be taking a look closely, all year-long.
If you want to give feedback, ask a question, or suggest topics you would like me to discuss on future podcast episodes this 2019, simply click on the right side bar with the voicemail widget and leave a voicemail with your name, your title/profession in the entertainment industry, and your feedback, question or commentary. Your voicemail may be included in future podcast episodes.
Check out the top 10 podcasts of 2018 below!
1. Davido’s BET Win
2. Tekno’s Alleged Copyright Infringement of Jogodo
3. Wizkid’s No Show at Coachella
4. Interview with Broadcaster Emma Ugolee
5. Producer Adey on not receiving royalties/credits for Ycee’s ‘Juice’
6. Interview with Technologist Ade Olufeko
7. Trends in Nigeria’s Music Industry
8. Music Modernization Act
9. Interview with Media Entrepreneur and founder of Joy, Inc. Chude Jideonwo Pt. 1
10. Interview with Media Entrepreneur and founder of Joy, Inc. Chude Jideonwo Pt. 2
- Why Beyonce Gets it Right in Depiction of Africans in ‘Already’ Video ft. Shatta Wale
- AML 138: Meet Adesola Titilayo, the Woman Simplifying Royalties Collection for African Artists
- AML 137: Meet Leyla Konjo, Africa’s Music Industry Top Booking Agent (Interview)
- AML 136: Interview with Cherie Hu, Music Journalist
- AML 135: Artist Manager Bond Stanley Ebigbo on New Book, ‘Grounded Ways to the Music Business.’