“Awon boyz (and girlz) dey hustle” as the saying goes. There really is no time to waste. I am proud of our emerging young artists and young music executives who are focused on the business of music. They understand if you want something, you gotta get at it, in it, on it. . . y’all get my drift. They are willing to go on the road and take Nigeria’s brand of music to as many places on the face of the earth as they can. This is only the beginning. . .
One such example of a young music executive and musician that fits into this category is Davido. Davido is still trying to figure his way out in many aspects, as he should. But overall, I think he appears to have a good head on his shoulder, good work ethics and I believe he will be just fine.
Watch his UK Davido Video Tour Diary. Actually! Just before you do, AML artists, all artists (USA, Nigeria, Ghana) be sure to read or revisit my article on the basics of touring.
Also, I have received lots of your emails and I will begin rolling some of them out soon and answering some of your questions. Keep them coming. I see y’all.
Stay musically on point, AML Style. Anything less y’all definitely know is unacceptable.
- Kenya Music Industry Talks: Life After COVID, What do African Creatives Need to Weather the Impact?
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Opportunities for Young Lawyers in the Entertainment Industry
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Teemanay, DJ Dee Money, Meaku
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: Niyi Giggles, Gbenga Solitude, Dokta Frabz, Mathew Ohio
- Nigerian Music Industry Talks: How Kaffy Built Nigeria’s Dance Industry From Ground Up