Katrina Laverne “Trina” Taylor, Miami hip-hop legend, stopped by the ‘Drink Champs’ show to share her experience in the music business. She covers how she got her break, dealing with fame, growing her brand, failures, success, social media and the impact on her music, and what the future holds. Her interview has some music business tidbits worthy of paying attention to, especially for emerging artists. Check on it.
Warning: Strong language included
- AML 150: Mental Health & Substance Abuse in the Afrobeats Music Industry
- AML 149: Intellectual Property, Race and Unjust Music Contracts with Prof. Kevin J. Greene
- AML 148: The Business of Music in Ethiopia with Negus Alemu & Leyla Konjo
- AML 147: Meet Temi Adeniji, MD Warner Music South Africa & SVP, Strategy, Sub-Saharan Africa
- AML 146: Women in “Afrobeats” Music – Eva Alordiah, Weird MC, Joy Tongo