UnderDaRock Entertainment announces the signing of a new act Amara Denis Turay aka Kao Denero to its newly launched record label. Kao Denero is a Sierra Leone hip-hop artist with a successful album “King of Freetown” under his belt, and a reputation for filling his December 2015 concert in Moyamba, Sierra Leone National Stadium, with almost 40,000 fans.
“UnderDaRock (UDR) Entertainment is excited to bring Kao Denero onboard,” said Cos Canino, founder of UDR. “He is clearly super talented, is one of the biggest rappers from Africa and is loved in his hometown of Sierra Leone. Our goal is to help Kao expand beyond his present fan base which is already strong and take the world by storm. ”
UDR Entertainment division consists of UDR Media, UDR Management and UDR Records. The company is putting a firm foot forward in the Afro-beats and international music market through UnderDaRock Entertainment.
Meet Kao in the documentary below which is a tour he undertook after the Ebola crisis in his country.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives