And the Western brands keep coming, in droves, to Nigeria . . . this may be a good thing for the locals as well, depending on who you ask.
Superstar musician Dr. Sid and veteran comedian Teju Babyface were among the celebrities and stars that were on hand a few weeks ago as adidas Nigeria celebrated their one year anniversary in Nigeria and official launched the adidas store in Ikeja City Mall, Lagos.
Also in attendance were Warren Bowers, retail director of adidas South Africa and Gugu Ntuli, PR manager for adidas South Africa. The event marked the official unveiling of the adidas flagship store in Ikeja City Mall, Lagos and Grand towers Mall Apo, Abuja Nigeria while also celebrating the one-year anniversary of the iconic adidas brand presence in Nigeria.
Fans and consumers alike were treated to a walk through of the store and experience the brand first hand while the Nigeria vs Ethiopia World Cup qualifying game was also streamed to beaming fans at the Silverbird Cinema in Ikeja, with the adidas collections showcased during the half-time fashion show, all courtesy of adidas Nigeria.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives