You all know Bob Lefsetz because I have introduced him on AML in the past. Straight shooter, not in the people pleasing business, more about the facts. As a result of how real he is, backed with his experience both as a former practicing lawyer, industry executive and prolific writer, he has the respect of the music industry here, Stateside (and globally).
Lefsetz recently had a talk on one of his many appearances and he disrupts the status quo by saying “distribution” not content is king. He also has a few words for artists. If you are the sensitive type and you are an artist, this video is not for you.
WARNING: Profanities used liberally. Click at your own discretion.
- Why Davido’s Termination of Lil’ Frosh’s Contract for Domestic Violence is a Powerful and Positive Change for Nigerian Society
- #EndSARS Protests and Your Legal Rights if Arrested While Protesting in Nigeria
- AML142: The Business of Music in North Africa
- AML 141: Meet Camille Storm, Founder of C&C Distro, a Kenyan Music Distribution Company
- AML 140: Abiola Oke & Richelieu Dennis Sexual Harassment Claims: Lessons for Employers & Executives